7/31/2016

Bento

The story of Bento is deeply related to food culture and even art culture, and this means that Japanese people prefer not only a deliciousness but also a good presentation.
So what is a Bento exactly? - Bento is a Japanese word of lunch box and a common type of packed meal in Japan. Rice, vegetable, and fish/or meat are included in a typical Bento, and the below one is what I made for my dad this morning!
Besides the taste, I attached great importance to its presentation and put omelettes, wieners, strawberries, which my grandma grew in her garden, and roast porks in it! And of course, a dried seasoning(fruitcake) is a must for rice to make it look good!


Thank you, 

Nanami

2 comments:

  1. Wow it looks yummy!! I love bento. It tastes good and convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog makes me hungry! That bento looks so good, I need to go out and get one now.

    ReplyDelete